this was one of the leftover stuffed skulls from last year’s dia de los muertos project. i decided to practice my embroidery.
the eyes are sparkly paillettes, attached with a net of embroidery stitches, like shisha mirrors.
the sides and top of the skull have paillettes as well, but they are the plain silver kind.
the threads are size 5 perle cotton and 6-strand embroidery floss in cotton and in rayon (split into 3 strands for the actual embroidery).
i learned the van dyke stitch while working on this skull (in bright green on the sides). i’ll be using that one more in the future.
time to get back to the craft table!